Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sure Signs of Spring!

Hooray! Spring is in the air! I was trying to explain 'spring' to the little kids and Zoey in particular was quite enthusiastic about it. That night when she said her prayers, she thanked God that 'sprinkles' was coming. She continues to call it by similar sounding names...springles, springing, etc.
It was around 60 degrees today so we were outside all afternoon. Woohoo!!

They wanted to go for a walk, so off we went. There are so many cool rocks in Massachusetts.

The obligatory pose for Mama.

"Hmmm....I wonder what I should do next?"

"I can't make up my mind."

"I had no problem making up my mind. Straight to the dirt. That's right. I went there."

We spotted this bird nest but of course it was empty.

The kids spent a lot of time on the swings.

And digging in the dirt.

Hark! Are those buds on that branch? YES!!

Feels so good to be riding in short sleeves

Just a few months ago, this child limped badly when she walked. Now she is roller skating and figuring out how to go faster by hanging on to the back of Kate's bike. Gotta love that girl's spunk!

Notice the blur of her skates...haha

9 comments:

Lynsay said...

Zoe looks so grown up in these pictures! Love that Spring is coming!!! Hugs!

Angie said...

We were outside yesterday, too, loving this spring weather!

Kim K. said...

Darling pictures. I'm so ready for spring. Have a wonderful weekend with your kiddos!!

Ally said...

What a great capture of your day together. We are welcoming the Spring weather here too!

James, Dawn and Family said...

Wonderful!!

Lori said...

Isn't it so refreshing to get outside in the warm air? It's not too hot...not too chilly. It's perfect! Oh and my hair looks rather decent...except for when it rains...which is often in the spring. Never mind. Now that I think about it, spring has many bad-hair days.

Love your pics. Darling, darling, darling.

Theanne and Baron said...

Sunshine, fresh air and kids...a glorious combination! My g'daughter, Neylan, loves the dirt, wallows in it whenever she gets a chance...LOL The photos of kids enjoying the day are just perfect!

trustandobey said...

Supposedly 82degrees here today....I guess we're skipping spring and heading to summer.
Lisa
ps-love the pics, Karen

Cindy said...

Amazing!
Love that you are enjoying spring already! We have wind and rain, stuck inside with a surgery recovery toddler, movies and lego...
Your pictures made me smile, thanks!