Tuesday, March 08, 2011

The Joy of Pets

It's getting a bit warmer {hooray} and the kids have been asking to play outside. Today was one of those days. Somehow the front door popped open (because of course no one left it open).

I was upstairs when they came running up yelling, "Da dog is out! She's outside and ran away."

{insert exasperated sigh}

I rushed to my closet, slipped on a pair of shoes, grabbed a jacket and ran outside. The neighbor was out in our yard and started to talk to me as I ran toward her. We exchanged a few sentences as she pointed in the direction of our dog's disappearing backside.

I ran down the sidewalk and started to detect a difference in the sound of each foot hitting the pavement. Hmmm....odd. Was I imagining it? No. There was a distinctly different sound when my right foot landed.

I slowed down to take a look.

This is what I saw.
And to think I mock Jake for putting his shoes on the wrong feet...

{I did find our dog and she is safely back in our house.}

12 comments:

Holly said...

Dogs. Hmph! They are supposed to lower blood pressure and help people live longer. I wonder some days. Dog hair, chewed up everything and holes in my back yard that I could make a swimming pool out of for Elaina. Grrr...when I am stressed, the dog doesn't make my blood pressure drop. Why do they run away at ANY chance they get?! Cute, furry and annoying! sorry, grumpy day here!

Kim K. said...

I love ending & starting my day with your blog. Your honesty and family adventures always makes me smile.

Jean said...

I just want to remind you that you also mocked him when he had his pants on backwards... should we be expecting the same from you???

I'm sorry, well not really, I'm rolling in laughter... hope ya had fun with my van cuz I had fun with the shoes and pants!!

I am just gonna tell you right now that I will love my van and feel strongly that you should get a 15 passenger van! Heck with the 12 passenger- the more the merrier!!

So glad you found your dog!

Theanne and Baron said...

Hey Mom you were in a hurry and the K-9 was more important than shoes! So happy your doggy is home safe and sound.

Angie said...

Ha! You know what's comin' the next time you show Jake with non-matching shoes,right?? :)

Lori said...

Well that settles it. This clearly proves that God gave Jake some of your DNA. Now quit being so harsh on the poor little fella for his creative shoe application.

trustandobey said...

So now we know...he gets it from his mom!
We had some missionary friends over for dinner the other night. Kate was in her pjs because we had not left the house that day. I made her put real clothes on since we had guests coming. She came down in jeans ....on backwards!!! Those crazy Guatemalan genes:)

James, Dawn and Family said...

Sat night our dog molly "got" out (with help of a sweet lil 5 yr old)
We ofcourse didn't notice...the neighbor called to say she'd had her almost an hour...good thing she let her in-molly is 9# of fluff she woulda froze. Molly looked kinda sad to come home-go figure

About Me said...

You did pretty good in a moment of panic...at least both shoes were brown!

David and Janet Hurley said...

At least it was just out to get the dog, I _almost_ did that a few weeks ago on errand day!

Kristin Ferguson said...

The fact that you not only get yourself dressed but 9 other people fed and out the door every day is AMAZING to me! I would not have even noticed the different shoes. HA! You Rock!!!

sara said...

yep, been there, done that!!! I once wore 2 different shoes to church...in a dress.