Saturday, March 05, 2011

"Mama, can we do 'nother potoshoot?"

Miss Katie-bug asked me that yesterday. It made me laugh. She wanted to dress up in her pretty white dress and take more photos.

So here you go....

Let's just say that Mama was not too impressed with the results because Zoey wanted in on the deal and Jake wanted out.
Herding cats.
'Nuff said.

And then...after begging me, Miss Kate decided she was 'bored' and didn't want to take any more photos. At all.

Gah.

Well, after pushing, pulling, struggling to get Zoey's pros-other leg into her tights, there was no way they were all just going to go waltzing off without some photos.

There was a bribe involved.

I'm not proud of it.

I have seen all these cool black and white damask backdrops on on some photography sites so I decided to try to make my own with some wrapping paper I found at Target.
Now I know why you cannot use {shiny} wrapping paper.
Dratted glare.








I'm so bored. Are we done?






I tried to get Jake and Kate to do a little dance. He stepped on her toes.

{Bad picture but I had to include it since the boy was concentrating oh-so-hard.}
Look out, ladies. He's really practicing.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Jordan came home from school yesterday with this little crown. So cute. It's his birthday today but I don't have the pictures loaded onto my computer yet.

12 comments:

Kim K. said...

What a beautiful way to start my morning. Love the photos. I didn't even notice the glare of the wrapping paper until you pointed it out. Happy 5th Birthday to Jordan!

Lori said...

Oh my word, those pics are so dang cute! I didn't notice the glare either!

March 5 is Brenden's birthday too!

Adeye said...

Sheeesshhhh....those pics are soooooo stunning!!!! You really don't give yourself and your photography skills enough credit, my friend. You are SUPER gifted!!!!!

I love them :)

trina said...

Happy Birthday, Jordan!!!

Wow, I LOVE the pictures. It really does look like studio quality. I will just have to try that trick with wrapping paper...but no shiny. :)

Theanne and Baron said...

These photos are absolutely adorable...saw no glaring glare! Love that you used wrapping paper, it's perfect. Jakes my man...he looks smashing! And the girls beautiful! The close up of the feet was too cute. You take great photos!

Happy Birthday to Jordan!

Tesseraemum said...

Happy Birthday Jordan!!

Tesseraemum said...

I Love the background and the subjects aren't too bad either! Your critical eye is the only one who can see a glare! It looks great!

Jennifer said...

What glare? These pics are awesome. So cute. Wrapping paper, who would of thought. What a great idea.

Ally said...

Aren't you so fancy!!! I love them. I agree no glare seen here either. So clever to use wrapping paper. Love the pictures!

Holly said...

SO stinkin adorable Karin! And happy belated bday Jordan!!!! Yucky spitty balloons dude! :) How was the cake?!??

4kids4us said...

Precious, precious pictures!!! Love them!

Michelle said...

Those pictures are oh so cute- won't you be glad in a few years when you look back at them that you took the time and effort to do them? (And it does include alot of effort, doesn't it??!)

Definitely worth an 8x10 on the wall.

Love seeing that other people like the same tennis shoes that we do! We are so "stylin!"

Michelle