Thursday, February 10, 2011

So It's My Birthday

Yep...it's my birthday.

And if not for creepers online, I would tell ya'll how old I am. Since there ARE creepers out there in cyber land, I can only tell you that I am closer to 50 than 40. I am totally okay with people knowing my age. I honestly have never gotten the whole, "A woman doesn't like to tell her age," thing. What's that about anyway?

In China, age is something to be honored. Maybe I should move there.

Unfortunately, Jeff had to be out of town for my big day. There goes my day at the spa!
Well, a girl can dream, can't she?

I've been getting some odd email lately.

I logged in this morning and was excited to see that thanks to F*cebook, I had lots of birthday greetings. How fun! And wow...some of the comments were really sweet. Thank you, everyone!

Then my eye caught some other emails.

AARP. They somehow think I'm old enough for them to start spamming me. Every.Single.Day.

And then there was the ever-favorite, "Pajamajeans." As if the Pajama Gram wasn't bad enough...now there are Pajama Jeans. So hey...you never have to get dressed. Just wear pajamas that look like clothes. They are "stylish, sexy, comfortable and soft." Just lounge around your house all day, go to bed without changing and maybe even get a second day out of them if you aren't a terribly stinky person. And only $39.95! What a deal! They also come in 8 different sizes. Wow... I can hardly wait for mine to arrive.


And then there was another another email with the subject line:
"Ascertaining Your Awesomeness. "
Wow, really? Who wouldn't want an email like that?
It was spam.

Figures.



21 comments:

trina said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!

Kimberlie said...

Happy Birthday! Here's a song we sing in our house in addition to the usual song: "A happy birthday to you, a happy birthday to you. Every day of the year, may you find Jesus near. A happy birthday to you, a happy birthday to you. And the best year you've ever had. Hooray!"

I am in the "closer to 50 than 40 range" too but I tell everyone I am 35. It used to be 29 but I can't really pull that off anymore due to all the wrinkles my kids are giving me. I had to adjust upwards. ;)

I thought the pajamajeans thing was hilarious. I have not gotten out of my pjs for 2 days due to the fact that I have been cooped up in this house with 4 kids due to snow for going on 9 days now. It's just depressing. They go outside to play for all of 20 minutes and the rest of the day is just spent breaking up arguments, alleviating boredom and pretty much tearing my hair out.

Please God let these children go back to school on Monday!

But hey, this is not about ME, it's about you and your birthday! I hope you get that spa day!!! :)

Angie said...

Happy Birthday! Are ya posting a photo in those new pajama jeans? :)

Kim K. said...

Birthday greetings!! I hope there are some special celebrations planned for you when the hubby is home.

Tesseraemum said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!
Get those PJ Jeans!! Do you want to place bets on how many people in your house would notice if you wore them all day, slept in them and wore them a second day?!! I can tell you the odds around here!! Have a great day!! Sheri

Lori said...

Happy Birthday to ya, my 40-50ish friend!

Let's meet up at Starbucks and I'll buy you a coffee. We can save oodles of time by just crawling out of bed and wearing our pajamajeans. And I guess that also means we don't have to shower...or comb our hair?? Wow, talk about SEXY!

Nothing can stop us now!

Sean and Lisa said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Kristin Ferguson said...

Happy Birthday again you young chickie you! Glad to hear we share the same age, although technically I'm 2 months older than you and born in a different year...but, hey, who's counting?

Adeye said...

Hahahahahahaha......you are toooo funny!

Dang, I was slighty offf with the age thing :) I guess you must LOOK 25 then!!!

Happy happy birthday, friend.

Arnold family said...

Have a blessed birthday!
Holly:)
www.arnoldfamilynews.blogspot.com

Holly said...

What? Where have I been? Pajama jeans? for REAL?
(secretly thinking this is fabulous ha ha ha)
Today is a sweat pants kinda day for me :( (ibs)
Did you get to have your cake and eat it too yesterday??!
And I am with you on the whole $5 for a CARD being RIDICULOUS. Send him an email :)

Theanne... said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so far over 50 that AARP doesn't spam me anymore...I guess age does come with benefits...LOL The pajama thing is a hoot...got a giggle out of that one! Hope you and kids had a great time celebrating your day!

Cindy said...

Birthday Blessings Karin!!!!

Ally said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I feel the same about you. I just had a b-day and was very happy with my age. Hope you have a fun day and enjoy those PJpants. lol

judy said...

Happy Birthday , hope it is wonderful .. I am with you , I do not care who knows how old I am , I love that I am now closer to 60 than 50 and I have three young daughters that I homeschool ! God is soooo good .. enjoy your day ! Judy

trustandobey said...

Happy Birthday my blog friend. I am glad you were born:)
Lisa

Gretchen said...

Ha Ha! You are too funny!

I also am amazed that you just posted an advertisement for pajamajeans. Hhhhmmmmmmm.....

Love you, friend! Hope you had a great day!

Charissa said...

Happy Birthday Karin! Love your blog, even though I don't comment often I am a loyal follower. I hope you have a very special, blessed year to come!

Holly said...

Happy birthday! I hope you had a great day, and thank you for making ours better with your hilarious post! : )

Naulty said...

hope your b-day was great
followed
check me out!
http://tncsrb.blogspot.com/

Mary Frances said...

Heeeey I just came across your blog...when you have a chance check out my blog!!! ClassicMaryMoments.blogspot.com Its fun, uplifting, humorous and updated daily!!!
God bless!!!
Mary :)