Saturday, August 07, 2010

Our Favorite Place on Earth


Well, maybe not in ALL the earth, but our favorite place within driving distance is Plymouth. It's such a cute town and the beach is not crowded.

As you drive into the round-about on main street, you come face to face with this:

And other sights and sounds greet your senses... insert sea gulls singing, boat horns honking, and waves lapping.








Wanna visit?

The ocean was C.O.L.D. today. Brrrr.... I couldn't stay in it for more than a minute or so. The kids were oblivious to the temperature though.

Random photos...I failed to get one good photo of everyone, unfortunately.



Zoey is all about adventure and she rode this thing like it was a bucking bronco. Whee!






This photo of Kate is too blue but I'm too tired to fix it. Maybe it's just because she was so cold. :)














I love all the sand on Jake's face and hair--and even the tip of his nose.

15 comments:

Kim K. said...

You are such an amazing photographer. Your pics are beautiful.

Kimberlie said...

Beautiful, and yes, we want to come visit. :) Actually, Paul and I were just dreaming about making an east coast trip next summer. He has a brother in Boston, I have family in NJ and MA, and it'd be fun to take in the historical sites. Added bonus: we'd visit you!

It will take a lot to get our dream to a reality state of being, but it might happen.

I will think of you guys fondly when we are freezing in ZZ later this year. :)

偉曹琬 said...

愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

Angie said...

Beautiful photos...of course...you have beautiful kids!! And the scenery looks so quaint. We'd love to visit the east coast...someday...

Shonni said...

I want to visit!!!!! Goodness..how long a drive is that from Colorado?

sara said...

yes! I want to come!!! I can't imagine the water being COLD....our pool feels like bath water right now.

love the photos!!!

Lori said...

What an amazing day at the beach! I'm so *jealous*!! Although it's so stinkin' hot here right now, I think I'd rather be in the mountains. I'll plan to visit you in the fall...when it's cool and breathtakingly beautiful there! :)

Kristin Ferguson said...

OK, next year Lisa and I will bring our families up to Boston for our beach week! Can you handle 12 more people??? You probably wouldn't even notice us and I hear you're a gourmet cook so I know the meals will be fabulous!! Can't wait!!!

Kristin

Ally said...

what a cute little spot! I will have to look that up. I love anywhere that is not full of crowds. Looks like a fun day!

Difference2This1 said...

Beautiful photos...of a beautiful family! Blessings, Jennifer in DE

Adeye said...

Oh my gosh, that is so totally my kind of place. Can I come?????

As usual, incredible pics, friend.

Skeller said...

you may not have a perfect one with EVERYone, but gosh, all the individual shots are wonderful and full of joy. I love the wind blowing thru their hair ...

trustandobey said...

Kristin said you invited us up to the New England coast next summer!!?? Can't wait!!! She said you wanted to do the cooking during our stay. Fine, but let us take you all out at least once:) I will check with her but I don't believe we can visit more than 2 weeks. We will just have to make the best of the short time we have. I am off to pencil you in!!! Yippee!!
Lisa
ps-love,love,love Plymouth

James, Dawn and Family said...

BEAUTIFUL Pictures!!

Sammons said...

These kiddos of yours!!! Oh my word only God could make so much gorgeous in 1 family!!! Jakes lashes.... I would shovel concrete all day for those lashes!! Such a beautiful family, thanks for sharing. Mary