Thursday, August 12, 2010

Having Teens and Toddlers


Having teens and toddlers living in the same home makes for some interesting dynamics. Toddlers are so black and white. They just don't understand some of the things teens do.

Not many of us do, for that matter.

Taylor sleeps a lot. He is growing so fast you can almost hear his bones lengthening. When he isn't sleeping, he languishes on his bed listening to his dreadful music choices.

No one around here gets that.

But we love him anyway.
Today, we were in the car and the older girls were asking how Katie-bug got the horrible scars on her head. I explained to them that they are from some horrible bed sores she got when she was an orphaned baby. Then they wanted to know how a person would get bed sores. I explained that when someone lies in bed for long periods of time, they can get sores.

Without missing a beat, Molly piped up from the backseat, "Wow. I'm surprised that Taylor doesn't have a lot of bedsores."

16 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my stars, that is so funny!!! Yeah, until you've had teens and tots in the same house...you ain't seen nothin'!

Kimberlie said...

Priceless! Smart, smart, cookie. I won't ever have the experience of teens and toddlers, but I will live vicariously through you. :)

Adeye said...

hahahahahaha....classic :):):)

Merany :) said...

haha! That is TOO funny. She's pretty quick! :)

James, Dawn and Family said...

That is toooo funny. We have a freshman and the girls are always asking if they can "mate sure Zachey's not dead".

sara said...

LOL! That is great...and probably true! ha!

Cari said...

awe...that's great...what are sisters for, right?!

Holly said...

LOL. Yep. I get it...teens and toddlers that is.
I keep meaning to ask you how Ryan is doing?!??!

琬群學葉安高 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim K. said...

That's just priceless. Out of the mouths of babes. Have a super weekend.

Michelle said...

That is the sweetest thing. Makenna checks her brother and sister every morning when she wakes just to make sure their still there. Having Teens and a toddler is an amazing adventure.

trustandobey said...

Classic!
Lisa

Kristin Ferguson said...

I guess as a teen, knowing you're right all the time takes lots of energy...thus the much needed sleep time. :) (I'm speaking of my own teen...not dear, sweet Taylor my hugging buddy!)

Kristin

momof3darlings said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I LOVE it!!

And I have a 15 year old, AND a 4 year old, and you are SO right about the odd dynamic sometimes! LOL I have my 15 yo acting like a 4 yo, and the 4 yo trying to act like a 15 yo! LOL

Gretchen said...

hahhahahhahhahahhhaaaaaaaa!!!!

I can SOOOOOOO relate!

roomforatleastonemore said...

Too Funny!

I love your posts!

I need to remember to write more of the funny stories.

We don't quite have teens but our almost 12YO son is definitely rounding the corner in that direction. Oh my.