Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Heart Faces



While looking around on the Internet for advice on photography, I stumbled upon this fun blog. Each week they have a photo contest. I normally plan to just get inspired from the other entries (since many are professional and I am, uh...NOT). This week's contest, though, was a 'pouty kid face.' SaraGrace is so great at posing for the camera that I wanted to try to get a photo to enter in the contest. At first, she would try to pout and then crack up laughing, but after awhile she started to get annoyed that I was making her sit in the chair and I got a few shots of a real pout. Too funny! This is my entry for this week:

6 comments:

Lisa A said...

Karin--Your daughters are "seriously" precious! I need to catch up on how you were able to get them both at one time--God moved mountains for you--what a blessing and an inspiration to me. Thank you for your kind words of support. I appreciate it so much. You're so right that laying it at His feet is the only thing to do. And oh how I try to do that. It's all been such a roller coaster--I know you know all about that. And life's curve balls are not so fun sometimes. And as one of my friends put it--life doesn't seem fair sometimes--but down the road you realize your evaluation of fair was askew. So be happy in the fair or unfair--and move forward. She's right-and we do..but I get soooo weary. i realize this journey is not for the weak of heart and I'm in it for the long haul--but I want to also do what God's plan is for us.

Thanks again for your kind comment-it's a gift. :)

Lisa A

Joyful Mom said...

What a great idea! That is such a classic photo :)

EL at Through My Own Lens said...

Nice job! That's a cute pout...I like the crooked mouth! Welcome to I ♥ Faces. This is my 3rd week (and I am NOT a professional by any stretch of the imagination) and I'm so addicted! Come back on Friday for Fix-it Friday...FUN!!!

American in Norway said...

Adorable little girl! Great shot!

Amanda said...

You have a beautiful family... and I am guessing the heart to match. Sometimes its ahrd to believe that in our day to day life.. in the boring things we do because we have to do them... that we are an inspiration. Well. You are. In everything you do.

Great picture.

God bless-
Amanda

Gabensysmom said...

Such a cute pout...great entry! Your blog is SO cute, btw!!