Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Jake the Climber...

...as opposed to Joe the Plumber...

I put Jake to bed for his nap this afternoon, and with a sigh of relief, settled down to do some work on the computer. One minute later, Jake came sauntering into the room. I looked at him with disbelief and realized he had learned to climb out of his crib. Life, as we know it, will never be the same.

Tonight, as I was getting the boys ready for bed, Jake climbed in and out, in and out of Jordan's bed as if it was a new Olympic sport. Since Jordan can be trusted to stay in bed, his rail is down so he can get out to go potty during the night.

I told him in no uncertain terms that he was NOT to get out of his bed. "OK, Mommy," he solemnly agreed, his velvety brown eyes wide with sincerity. That lasted about 3 minutes. Let's just say that mommy got a bit grumpy by how many times she had to go back upstairs and place him firmly back in his bed tonight.

Earlier today, I was alarmed to see a blood-red streak coming from his nose. I went over to see if he had a bloody nose, only to discover that he had apparently stuck a marker up his nose. There was red marker all around his nose hole and down to his mouth. He is so funny! Jillian saw me cracking up after scolding him and said, 'Mom...don't laugh at him!" I told her I couldn't help it...

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We were blessed with a great day, and enjoyed spending time with our family.

My Aunt had many fun activities for the kids. Here they are making fruit kabobs.

Jake was no help whatsoever and just kept eating his contribution. :)