Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Random Family Update

We are in wedding countdown....less than two weeks to go. Can't wait to make the 14 hour trip with nine kids {cough, cough}.

We have not heard anything yet from the doctors at Boston Children's about the possibility of Kate having heart surgery.

Molly had a birthday last week. The years are just flying by and my babies are growing up. {sob}

Jillian decorated the cake--which is why it looks so cute.
Jillian and Molly

The girls had friends over yesterday and decided to do a lemonade stand. I had my doubts that they would sell much but they stayed out there all day and made around $8. They were so thrilled.


And a Miss Zoey pro-other leg update...
Her leg is holding up well. We went to the beach on Father's Day (and I forgot my camera...gah!). Her leg held up well, although got pretty heavy once wet because she has to wear two pair of heavy socks inside it to keep it on. {Her leg continues to atrophy and when the current prosthetic gets too loose, she will get another one. For now, she is wearing two socks instead of one.} She took it off part way through the afternoon. I think someone should come up with some cool-max socks that don't get heavy when they are wet! Maybe I will suggest that next time we are at Shriners.

Today she was roller skating. I think you would have to look close to notice she has an artificial leg! Go Zoey!!

9 comments:

Kim K. said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Molly. You have so many exciting things going on at your house. I can't wait to see wedding pics. I'm continually amazed at everything Zoey has conquered. Go girl GO!!

Lori said...

GREAT update! Your girls are so adorable. I have always LOVED the name Molly. Not sure why I didn't name one of my girls that.

Have fun driving to the wedding! 14 hours with 9 kid...or was it 9 hours with 14 kids?! LOL Either way...eck!

Thanks for your encouraging words today. You're a treasure!

Holly said...

happy belated bday Molly! The wedding will be beautiful...and you can do it....bring duct tape for the children :) kidding, kidding. (maybe!) Go Zoey go!! AMAZING!!!

Jennifer said...

Zoey is amazing. You go girl.

Kristin Ferguson said...

Snacks, snacks, and more snacks. The best way to keep kids happy on a long road trip. (But save the chocolate for yourself and Jeff!)

What about soccer socks that are made to dry faster?

Jo's Corner said...

I didn't think you could wear your prosthesis in the water. It doesn't do anything to the leg part? Funny, brave , sweet little girl! Oh, happy Birthday, Miss Molly! The wedding is only 2 weeks away??? How exciting! Pictures will be coming,I'm sure. Can't wait to see them!
(In response to your question: I'm doing pretty good.) Hugs to You, My Friend ~ Jo

Sharon said...

Happy Belated Birthday Molly! Such a pretty girl. Zoey continues to amaze me. She is such a great inspiration to others. Love the pictures! :)

James, Dawn and Family said...

WOW-life is never boring huh. Zoey warms my heart. She totally takes the word "special" needs to a whole new level. You need to write a story about her spirit!

Chris said...

Zoey, I will have to show Joseph that picture. We haven't let him up on skates yet...esp now with his arm in pins...wonder how it works w/ two pro-other legs?