Monday, January 10, 2011

Things heard around our house lately

Just after the ball dropped in Times Square on New Years...Molly said,
"I haven't changed my underwear since last year."
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SaraGrace was playing with the new toy computer she got for Christmas and it says things like,
"Good job!" and "Well done!" when you get a correct answer. She was happily working on it when I heard the computer say, "You're smart!"
SaraGrace responded, "I'm Kmart smart!"

What?!?!??! I was cracking up! She doesn't even know what Kmart is because we don't live near one.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
And little Zoey cannot say prosthetic, despite many tries. So instead of saying prosthetic leg, she says, "When am I going to get my pros-other leg?"
It's so cute.
Now all of the little kids say Zoey is getting a pros-other leg.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And because all posts need some photos...here are a few wintery ones that I took this weekend.
I love this old broken-down barn. I bet it has a lot of stories to tell.

This is my one of my favorite parts of the drive home from school.

It would have been nice if a bright red cardinal had come to sit on this fence while I was there.

My youngest treasures
{taken a week ago when it was 60 degrees outside!}

9 comments:

Kim K. said...

I love all your kiddos phrases. Too darn cute! Gorgeous pictures.

Theanne... said...

As Art Linkletter said, "kids say the darndest things," your kids sayings are so cute...and the photos are beautiful...I agree about the cardinal on the fence...that would have been perfect!

Lori said...

Funny, funny, funny quotes by your kiddos. Love them all!

And those pics...wow. That does it, I'm moving east. Oh, and not to brag but I've got a cardinal who visits at my kitchen window quite often. So, I've at least got that going for me here in Kansas. But, that's pretty much it. LOL

Cari said...

blahahaha....hilarious kids you have! i love the kmart smart. btw...how dare you have 60 degree weather this time of year! :)

Kristin Ferguson said...

I'm still laughing at the underwear comment--very clever!!!

Your winter scenes are beautiful and makes me miss the wonderful snowfall we got on Christmas this year. We're expecting a little snow and some ice today into tomorrow and all of North Carolina is officially shut down. Schools let out early, activities cancelled, and not a drop of precipitation has fallen here yet.hahahaha

Sean and Lisa said...

Molly's statement cracked me up! Just imagine how dull life would be without kids!

Loved the photos but must say the photo of your little treasures was my fave hands down!
Much love!
Lisa

quilt-n-mama said...

Your kids crack me up. I wish I was better at writing down all the funny things they say!

I love the picture of all of them! How much they have grown this year!

Gretchen said...

Great quotes and my favorite pic is of the barn. It is just beautiful.

Kimberlie said...

Hey, you never know when those cute kid phrases are going to win you a game of Taboo or Catchphrase. My little brother (now 22) used to call a helicopter an "octalooloo" when he was little. And wouldn't you know that several of my cousins won a game of Taboo because one got the word "helicopter?"

Keep recording those cute sayings. Someday they will say everything correctly and you will look back on the list wistfully. :)

You have a beautiful family!