Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank You to Our Country's Great Veterans

Ryan's Homecoming 037

How do you thank someone who has put his life between yours and the enemy? I'm not sure it's possible.

But we can show our veterans we are grateful by appreciating the freedoms that they have fought so hard for us to enjoy.

We can pray that they all get moments like this...

Ryan's Homecoming 083

And that their families will see this in their homes...

Ryan's Homecoming 093

and this...

Ryan's Homecoming 090

Thank you...to all the men and women who are currently serving our country and for all of those who have served in the past. I am especially grateful to my son, Ryan, who is currently serving in Korea, my grandpa who served in WWII and my cousin, Jim, who gave his life in Iraq on Thanksgiving day 2006.

8 comments:

sierrasmom said...

I popped on over here to make sure that you tell your son "Thanks" from me. I will pray for his safe return to your amazing family!! I know he is missed and that you are sooo proud of him!
Hugs
Kathie

Kim K. said...

What a beautiful post. What an amazing young man you have. Emma called my father tonight to thank him for his time in Vietnam in the mash unit. Your pictures are stunning with this post, Karin.

roomforatleastonemore said...

Thank you to Ryan and all who serve!

And thank you to all of their families who so beautifully support them.

Heidi Reitz said...

That was beautiful Karin. Thank you so much to your son and your family for your sacrifice.
Loved the photo of the flag and silly bands. Very today.

expressmom said...

Thank you to Ryan and to all our soldiers, past & present. Their service to our country is inspiring!

sara said...

This post was beautiful! I am so thankful to all the men and women that serve my country and me so unselfishly.

Kristin Ferguson said...

Please tell Ryan we said 'thank you' as well! My dad and Jim's late father are/were veterans of the Korean War and WWII respectively. I also had an uncle fight in Vietnam.

I loved the first picture in this post--very creative!!!

boshi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.