Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's a Major Award!!!

"I won! I won!.... It's a major award!" (quote by Ralphie's dad, from A Christmas Story) And.... it's not a leg lamp!

No...the amazing, generous women over at Wild Olive were giving away two free t-shirts and two tickets to the Women of Faith conference in Hartford CT this weekend.

And I won! I am soooo excited! I will get to meet Stefanie (at Ni Hao Y'all) and Amie from Wild Olive!

Now if you haven't seen the beautiful tees that the Wild Olive girls design, then you need to hustle right over there and check them out.

They let me choose my favorites and they came in the mail yesterday. Swoon!

My kids chose their favorite of the two and I am going to just make your day by modeling it for you. Yes...you are so lucky.

And I think I just might have found a new career. You know....modeling. Yeah.

Don't hate.

OK--well, this shot wasn't too bad. I did need to crop it to avoid the view of the junk in the trunk.

So let's move on to the front of the shirt...and where my fabulous modeling skills really kicked into high gear.


Oh yeah.... rocking the big nose and hormonal facial hair

Let's hear if for the old folks! (Sheesh...what were you expecting, Christie Brinkley? Give me a break, people!)

18 comments:

Stefanie said...

YAY!!
Can't wait to meet you there, Karin :)

Amie said...

Karin-

I am ROLLING! You are such a crack up!!! So looking forward to hangin' with you at WOF! We are going to have a ball! I may come in costume.. no?

See you soon~:)
Amie

Kim K. said...

How fun! Be sure to take lots of pictures. Have a wonderful time. I know you will.

Kimberlie said...

Karin,
Congratulations! I hope you have a blast meeting up with all those other fun mamas. Don't you just love being in the NE when Hartford is just a hop, skip, and a jump for you? Well, relatively speaking any way. :)

Freedom Hollow Farmgirl said...

High five! Congrats

Lori said...

Girl, the modeling agencies are NOT going to leave you alone once this pic reaches the mainstream media. Woo! What a hottie you'll be on a runway.

Congratulations on your major award! And yeah, it's way better than a leg lamp (although that'd be pretty cool too).

Debby said...

Congratulations! Your 'front' picture made me laugh! SO funny!

Lyn said...

So fun!!! I love that shirt. We have a few ourselves. I love them!!
Lyn

Ally said...

That is just great!!! Had me in laughing.... Love the shirt. Hope all is well.

James, Dawn and Family said...

Love it!!

Tesseraemum said...

LUCKY DUCK!!!

Tesseraemum said...

I had to let you know my security word was bibless! Definately no shortage of Bibles here but we are bib-less at the moment! Sheri

Deanna, (aka Dj, and Deej.) said...

YAY! Congrats! Stef is inspiringly good peeps... you're going to have a blast!

trustandobey said...

Wow, two major contests won in one calendar year! Next time we are together (next summer at your house) remind me to rub your head for luck!
Lisa
ps-uh...the rubber nose and glasses...very attractive.

Dianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dianne said...

Can I just say that, I LOVE YOU???!!! I know how to pick best friends really well, I must say. (read that in an Ed Grimley voice please) You ROCK that nose, girlfriend!!

Kristin Ferguson said...

I love WOF events and it's been YEARS since I've been to one. I hope you have a wonderful time--I know you will be extremely blessed!

Christie Brinkley has nothing on you and Jeff is way cuter than all of C's husbands combined. :) So, rock on with your bad self!

boshi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.