Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A prayer you don't hear very often...

WARNING: If you are squeamish, you will want to skip this post.

Tonight, SaraGrace prayed:
"Dear God, pwease hewp me poop a weally big poop so dat da penny will come out."

Last night, as the other girls were praying, SaraGrace suddenly burst into huge sobs. We couldn't figure out what was wrong, until she finally gasped out,
"I swawwod a penny."
"What?"
"I swawwod a penny." It took a few more tries to figure out that she had swallowed a penny.
"I'm sorry, Mommy," she said.
I hugged her and told her that is why we should never put pennies in our mouths..blah, blah, blah, but that the penny would eventually come out.

She has been quite frightened all day that it would get stuck somewhere in her body. Her over-developed sense of the dramatic has not served her well during this incident! Her little sidekick, Chloe, tries to give her encouragement by saying things like,
"Mom will have to watch while you go potty in case it comes out."

The two of them came to me excitedly this evening and announced that SaraGrace was feeling the need "to go" and that I should come and watch. Oh goody. I dutifully sat nearby as she went, but so far, there is no sign of the penny.

Maybe tomorrow.... Its great having things to look forward to!