Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's here!

Zoey's new leg that is! It's so cute.

Unwrapping it...

Checking it out...

The difference... (guess we should have taken the soccer sock off first... She wanted to be a
'soccer guy' at school for dress up day so she was in uniform when the package came)

Trying it out...

Constipated smile for the obligatory-for-mom shot



Look out world!!!

She is actually struggling with it a bit. It is so different for her to have a foot that has so much give in it. The ankle still doesn't bend but the foot has a lot of give, which enables her to bend the middle of it. She tends to limp instead. She's trying--but it will take some getting used to. Her knee seems to be holding up just fine so that is a positive sign.

13 comments:

Shonni said...

Thank you for sharing Joey’s journey with us. I pray that she is more comfortable with her new leg better each day!!!

sara said...

so cool!!! I love her smile as she unwraps it!!! All new things take getting used to, but if I know your daughter...it won't take long!!!

Lori said...

It's so adorable!! I'm sure she will adjust to it very quickly!

Theanne and Baron said...

happy happy happy that Zoey's leg is here for her to wear and get used to...I know she'll have figured out in no time! Prayers of happiness Zoey!

Kim K. said...

How sweet is she with her new leg. It's so pretty! Just like Zoey! Continued blessings to your sweet girl.

Tesseraemum said...

I Love the fabric! She will have to wear her soccer outfit all the time!!
That whole big girl cheesey look is just too much!! Sheri

Jean said...

It is so cute! I love the smile on her face!

She is such a special girl!!

Chris said...

I hope she gets used to it real fast! Then I can show Joseph that a little girl can learn to wear legs very fast...Maybe I shouldn't do that...but it's tempting

Sharon said...

I'm so happy for her! Thanks for sharing. SO cute!!!

arvanah said...

:D

James, Dawn and Family said...

I love it! Every time I hear people say something negative about "special" needs children I always think of Zoey. What an awesome spirit!! Her "need" like my kiddos doesn't make them special it's their wonderful determined personalties!

Kim Priestap said...

I can't believe how big she's getting! Everyday she looks older.

Ruby Mae said...

What an amazing little girl.....her smile makes my heart sing!