Sunday, September 18, 2011

Let's go to the fair!

Saturday there was a fair in our area. Whee! Let's go! Even the teen went along.




It was amusing to see the ticket booth with "ATM money tree" signage. As usual, the fair rides were ridiculously expensive, so the little kids only got to ride one ride. They were fine with it and had fun watching each other pick their favorite ride to try.
'Pass out the tickets, Dad!"










I am kicking myself for not buying this sign!




"Tina, you fat lard, come get some dinner." -Napoleon Dynamite
{Sorry. I couldn't resist. I love that movie.}

Poor SaraGrace was not tall enough to ride any of the big kid rides. She is just so tiny. She is too old to want to ride the kiddie rides, so she chose not to ride at all. She was disappointed but handled it really well. She got to have a treat instead. Daddy took her to pick one out.




A good time was had by all.

10 comments:

Lori said...

Looks like fun! Actually, I hate carnivals with all my heart. But it looks like YOU guys had fun!

Poor SaraGrace!

sara said...

I love that sign. Steve has a sign in his office that I got in Mexico many years ago...No Sniveling! I love it!

Jo's Corner said...

These photos are so pretty, Karin! Some of the rides (Ferris Wheel) against the blue sky could be framed! Those kids get cuter every time I see them! Oh, I would have been on those swings! My favorite! Have a Great Week! Hugs ~ Jo

trustandobey said...

Oh fun! Our state fair is next month. I have to pick out which photograph I want to lose again with this year:) Your photos came out nice and vintagy! LOVE LOVE LOVE that sign! Buy me one if you can find them!
Lisa

Kim K. said...

I love the technique that you used on your pictures. I love that vintage feel. Gorgeous shots of the kiddos.

Tesseraemum said...

LOVE IT! I'm with Lori I rather dislike carnivals too but your pics make me want to go!
I also LOVE Tina! HEE! I am 44 years old and I laugh every time I hear that! My sister's name is Tina and I sooo wish that had been out when we were young! I would have used it mercilessly! Don't judge me! Sheri

Kristin Ferguson said...

I LOVE the fair--especially the really crazy rides! Where was Taylor? If he likes roller coasters, tell him to head down our way in October and he can ride with me. :)

all our tomorrows said...

what day did you go to the Big E? I hate dragging through crowds with my 8...
any day better than others? Last year we pulled them out of school to go..that worked good.

Karin said...

We went on a Saturday. :) It wasn't a state fair--just a small local fair so it wasn't all that crowded.

ica said...

you have a very beautiful family!!!!
Greetings from Sweden!! :)