Thursday, August 11, 2011

To the Beach!

One thing I love about living in New England is the beach. It's so beautiful. And the nearby houses with cedar shake shingles, picket fences and American flags don't hurt either.

Thought it would be fun to edit the photos in a vintage processing.

The waves were much bigger than usual so the kids spent the first hour running away from them. The water was FREEZING. My feet went numb after a few minutes of standing in it.

I just can't get enough of Katie's tutu swimsuit.

"No, Jake, you cannot put your drink back in the cooler with the others."

Little buddies

Jillian had big plans to build a sand castle but it never came together due to the mutiny of several of the sand engineers.

Yep. Still in love with the tutu. I'm sorry. I just can't help myself. The sandy cheeks were pretty cute, too.

Chloe is getting too big!

Part way through the day, we saw some other kids 'surfing' so decided to give it a try. The kids have been watching "Soul Surfer" lately so they wanted to be like Bethany Hamilton.
{If you haven't seen the movie, you should. It's really good.}

Zoey and Molly were the first to try it but before the day ended, everyone except Jillian and Jake had 'surfed.' Even me.

Yep. I wanted to see if it was as fun as it looked.

It was.
For the whole foot or so that the wave moved me before my legs dragged on the sandy bottom.

Oh well.
Who knew Molly would turn out to be one of the brave ones? She was so timid when she was little.

Chloe rides into the shallow water

Jake and Kate get their small boogie boards to surf like the other kids.

"Wook at me, Mom! I so brave!"

"Um..Dakey? We aren't goin' anywhere. We just staying here."
{Notice Zoey in the background on a 'real' board because she isn't afraid of some frigid water and waves.}

After we were done at the beach we went to a local eatery for some fish and chips. YUM! It wasn't far from Cupcake Charlie's--a cupcake place that has been on the cooking channel (which Jillian loves to watch).
Heading inside...

Oooh, so many choices! The kids had to split them because they were so ridiculously expensive.

It was such a cute little place.

Licking the frosting off.

MMMMMmmmmmmm.......

A bed and breakfast near the beach. So pretty.