Friday, May 11, 2007

We have Jacob--and he's precious


I can't get in to my AOL account-big surprise....grrr.... I hope you guys are checking the blog directly. (Dianne...maybe you can forward these to the group when they come to your inbox??)


We were taken directly to Jacob's hogar when we arrived. It was really nice and reminded me a lot of Hope Foster Home. Jacob was waiting for us in a baby swing and smiled when our guide spoke to him. I kneeled down in front of him and then the tears started to flow. He didn't like a stranger getting so close. They had our picture over his bed, but I don't think he recognized us. :) They explained his routine, gave us two cans of formula, a box of baby cereal and a bottle. Then the director wrapped him in a blanket, kissed him and handed him to us. They told us he is a very calm child-and that has been true. He has done very well. Jeff even got him to smile last night
We had to meet our guide at 6:45 this AM to go to the US Consulate for our visa appointment. We passed--and Jacob's visa will be ready for us on Monday afternoon. There were lots of families with babies at the Consulate. It is always neat to watch the new families that have just been formed.

>




I have had a migraine every day this week and have been in a fair amount of agony since we got here--so if you would please pray that they go away, I would be MOST grateful. THANK YOU!!

Enjoy the pictures!!