Thursday, May 10, 2007

In the airport in Ft.Lauderdale

We are sitting in the airport in Ft. Lauderdale...safely ensconced here until our flight to Guatemala in 4 hours. :)

I hate flying. Truly. I shouldn't complain...I know it is so much better than a covered wagon or stagecoach...but I find myself envying those with iron sinuses. Mine resemble an empty 2 liter pop bottle with an Oreck vacuum cleaner sucking the life out of it.

Would you believe that our pastor actually smirked when he saw the amount of luggage we had?! The nerve....hehe I explained that we had stuff for the orphanage... He seemed unconvinced at my protest that I had packed as light as possible. At over-hearing my explanation, Jeff rolled his eye and gave a derisive snort. I am surrounded by doubters. hehe

We had a very eventful morning. As we were getting ready to leave, I realized that my passport was missing. I immediately jumped to the conclusion that our 3 year old, SaraGrace, had spirited it off, so I called my friend, Susie, who is babysitting her. When put on the phone, SaraGrace chattered happily, but questioning her proved fruitless. We started searching high and low, everywhere we could think of--but no passport. I was supressing the hysteria that was threatening to bubble up in my throat, and praying that God would show us where it was. Still....nothing.

We ran out of places to look. At that point, Susie arrived at our house with SaraGrace and Molly in tow. Sweet little Molly said, 'Mommy, did you pray?" "Yes, honey, I did." She said, 'Let's pray again." She grabbed my hand and prayed, "Dear God, Please help mommy find her passport. I love you, God. Amen." She opened her eyes, smiled up at me and said, "Did you check your suitcase, Mom?" Well, no...because I KNEW my passport wasn't in my suitcase. What would it be doing in my suitcase? However....a nagging inner voice urged me to look in the suitcase, so dutifully--and full of doubt--I went out to the car and opened the suitcase. I pulled back the clothing on one side and there it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Relief flooded me and Molly and I breathed, 'Thank you, Jesus." :)

Since then, things have been much less stressful. THANK GOODNESS! Our kind pastor, took us to the airport (and we were so happy to tell him he didn't have to get up at 3AM this time!). We still made it to the airport in plenty of time, despite the 30 minute search for the passport. Our flight was on time and now we will be in Ft. Lauderdale until around 6PM.

Next stop is Guatemala City and Baby Jacob! :)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------