Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The Sun is Shining Here in New England

I thought that winter in New England would be brutal, especially since we are farther north than when we lived in Michigan. However, I have been happily surprised by the relatively warm weather we have had. It snows...yes, but it is usually in the 30's or 40's during the day. I can deal with that. I guess we must be close enough to the ocean to give us a more temperate climate. Works for me!

Today it was sunny and in the 40's with no wind, so it felt much warmer. We headed outside to play.


"Mom! Watch me!"


Big sister gives little sisters some rides




Reunited with her basketball


This little car is worth its weight in gold. We've had it since Ryan and Taylor were young and the wheels are about worn through.


Same goes for this Hippity Hoppity ball. It's ancient.


"I'm an excellent driver."


"Hello? Oh, hi, Grandma...."


"Oh yes, me too. Can you believe it?"


"Oops. I guess I drove off course while talking on my phone."


And a bit later....her car was seen abandoned in the ditch.


"Who left the scene of this accident?"


"Oh...tee hee...that would be me. Sorry."


"You crazy woman driver. Here...I brought the car up for you."
"Oh, thank you. I'm quite embarrassed."


"I mean, REALLY embarrassed."


"Oh well...I'm over it now. I'll just zip around on this rental while my big car is in the shop. Ta-ta!"