Sunday, March 07, 2010

I'm baaaack...

UGH.
After posting about being alone with God, I was able to try it out.

Sort of.

As in, having the stomach flu and removing myself from the rest of the family, in hopes that no one else will get it. I did spend a lot of time praying, which was nice. However, I prefer not to be sick,' cause, well...I hate being sick!

We leave for South Carolina in nine days to see Ryan. We can't be sick.

My sweet little Jordan had to wait a day to have his birthday so that Mommy could watch him blow out his candles and open his presents.

Jillian decided to handle baking the cake and wrapping the presents, until she, too, started to feel crummy. (What a girl!) She and I are on the mend and hoping that no one else gets it.

Here is our sweet little man, turning five.



8 comments:

Kristin Ferguson said...

And here I thought you and Jeff had gone off on some romantic getaway or something. ha ha Glad to have you back and also glad you're feeling better.

Kristin

Lori said...

Oh man! The stomach flu is the worst! I'm glad you are on the mend.

Five is such a cool age and Jordan wears it well! What a sweet little guy!

Can't wait for you to go see Ryan!! And you WILL be all better by then!

Holly said...

Oh Karin! I am so behind on everything! I had no idea Ryan had been so sick..or that YOU have been so sick. Sweet Mommy!
Praying that ALL bodies are well for travel to SC for graduation!!
God is teaching you so much. Thank you for sharing it with us. I've been praying for Marsha too...found out through Gayly...we adopted through AGCI...that's how I know her.

Kimberlie said...

Oh, man. The flu stinks. We have the creepy cough in our house but thankfully no tummy troubles. I am glad you are on your way to a full recovery.

I am so excited that you are on your way in just 9 days to see Ryan graduate. So incredibly exciting!

Hugs to you!

trustandobey said...

Remind me to bring my can of Lysol to our get together (no offense). So glad you are over the bug and I will be praying for the health of the rest of the family. Karin, I think if you map out your trip south, then we can see where our closest junction is. It is hard for us to know your route and guess where you will be exiting 95.
Lisa

Angie said...

Is that not pathetic that we need to get sick to get some good quality quiet time with God?? :) Glad you're feeling better, and way to go, Jillian, for helping out with the cake and presents!!

Kim K. said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and pray that no one else gets the flu bug. You definitely ALL your need strength for your upcoming trip to see Ryan. Happy Bday, Jordan!

Jean said...

Oh my - so sorry you were sick. The stomach flu is the worst. Did you do a little bargaining with God? I sure do when I feel like that. So glad you are feeling a bit better!

Happy Birthday Jordan! I just love your family and when I see your boys- I start thinkin thoughts!!