Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A sweet story...



I just read a really sweet story, written by a friend of mine who is now in China with his wife and children. They have a ministry to the fatherless, but I never knew that he was adopted out of the US foster care system at around three years old.

Here is an excerpt of his story. I hope it will inspire you.

...One year later they adopted us at the ages of 64 and 60 and I will forever be grateful for their unselfishness. They already had six biological children and the youngest had moved out 5 years before we came into the picture. I can not describe what it's like to have God remove you from a terrible situation and place you in a loving, caring home. They taught us about Jesus,... to read the entire article, go to: http://james127adopt.blogspot.com/

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these ...you did for me.'" Matthew 25:40

"...look after orphans and widows in their distress..." James 1:27