Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Our little boys

Jordan and Jacob have been cracking us up lately. We started to notice that all of the toys in the basket in the family room have been disappearing. No big deal--they didn't get played with all that much. (Cupboard contents, pieces of paper, and stray food particles prove to be far more facinating.) We did begin to notice though, that Jordan's backpack had become bulging and heavy. I opened it the other day and looked through some of his treasures. Jordan adopted a look of worried consternation as I pulled a few things out. Jillian watched and gasped, "Heyyyyyy, that's MINE! I've been looking for that!" Molly joined her and also let out a "heyyyyy.... that's MY toy." Jordan had apparently been scooping up every toy he saw on the floor and squirreling it away in his backpack. Since the girls had left their toys out and hadn't missed them much, I made them give the toys back to Jordan. His smile reappeared. I handed him his sack-0-stuff and off he went. I don't know how he carries it around--it weighs a ton! He also has a second bag of stuff that won't fit in the backpack. He does share his loot when we tell him he has to--as long as we allow him to dole out what he wants to share.
Jordan's Backpack Contents

This morning, when I walked into their bedroom, Jake was in Jordan's crib!! I knew it was only a matter of time before this would happen because they both delight in showing me how they can climb on top of their railing. I only hope that they stay near the wall so they don't topple out on their heads. Since I don't want them roaming the halls at night while we sleep, I still think they are safer in cribs, so they are not getting big boy beds yet. Jordan is also starting to undress himself in his bed--so far only his shirts or taking his pajamas down to his waist. Here's hoping he doesn't start taking his diaper off--or teaching Jake to do that! Just hangin' out in my big brother's bed!