Wednesday, July 20, 2011

So long, lovely locks!


SaraGrace has been growing her hair out for about a year so that she could donate it to a place that would make a wig for a child with cancer.

Well, today was the day!

We had waited until it was long enough so that she wouldn't look like a boy when we cut it, so she has a cute little bob.

She was very brave, although toward the end she said, "I feel like I'm going to cry."
But she didn't.

And thankfully, she loves her new hairdo and has been skipping around the house all evening telling me how much she likes it.




Second thoughts...

Snip, snip...

No turning back now...

Molly helped out by taking photos and Jillian helped me measure and rubber band the hair.

SaraGrace's new look! I love it! It matches her bouncy personality.

17 comments:

Kim K. said...

I'm so proud of you, SarahGrace. You are very brave and such an inspiration. Your new haircut is just darling on you.

Angie said...

SaraGrace, that's a very thoughtful thing you did. Remember, what you do for others, you are also doing for Jesus! You will make someone very happy that needs that wig!

Lori said...

SO CUTE!! I absolutely love it!!

What a blessing her beautiful hair will be to another child.

Way to go, SaraGrace!!!

connie said...

Beautiful idea, beautiful girlie!

Tesseraemum said...

Love your new doo! You are such a thoughtful girl!
I can't wait to show my Olivia, she is growing her out to donate too. She is almost as long as yours! Sheri

Sharon said...

Love the look! You're right, it matches her personality. I just did the same thing to Shali 3 weeks ago.

Kimberlie said...

I love it! So proud of SaraGrace for her giving spirit!

Every girl should have a sassy bob at least once in her life. ;)

James, Dawn and Family said...

So beautiful- what a great gift!!!
What a cute haircut!!

Kristin Ferguson said...

Way to go Sarah Grace! Your new 'do' is gorgeous, in fact, my daughter, Josi said, "that looks like my hair."

Jo's Corner said...

Oh, Sara Grace! Your beautiful hair is going to make another little girl SO HAPPY! You are a brave, lovely, kind girl and I know Jesus is so proud of you! I am, too. Your new bob is SO cute. It matches your inside beauty. (And, your Mommy did a great job!!) : ) Big Hugs from Jo

sara said...

adorable!!!!

Jean said...

I Love that she did this- way to go SaraGrace!! So proud of you and your tender heart! Someone will truly appreciate your hair!!

The new bob is so cute!!

Our Sarah Grace is going to do the same thing!!

trustandobey said...

Karin,
You have soooooo many hidden talents! I didn't know you were a hair dresser:) Great job! She looks much much cooler...perfect for this weather.

Holly said...

It's perfect and adorable!! Way to go girl! :)

Kim Priestap said...

That's wonderful! I would love to do that, but my hair is so fine, I'm afraid it wouldn't make a very good wig.

~♥LyNz46♥~ said...

Beautiful girl with a beautiful soul.
She look cute with her new haircut, and another kid will be happy by her wonderful gift. :)

Blessings!

Deanna, (aka Dj, and Deej.) said...

Aw, you look great SG! And what an awesome gift you've given! You rock! :)