Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Honduras!

We made it safely to Honduras with no mishaps.  So thankful for that!

We arrived a little before 8:00PM, so we just drove straight to our hotel from the airport.  I took a few pictures in the dark...so please pardon the blur...but I think you will see why I am posting them.

The team brought eight extra suitcases full of medical supplies, so the poor guys who picked us up had their work cut out for them.

I about died when I saw that two of them were going to sit and hold the suitcases all the way to the hotel.  We drove on the highway like that!  Yikes...  Thankfully, neither of the men fell out.
 Some of the team wanted me to take this to show how crammed we were into this van.  Not quite enough seats for everyone but we all fit.  Wink, wink... I'm sure my dad didn't want to be front and center in this picture but his head was directly in front of me.  Sorry, Dad!

 Our hotel
My room.  
I'm on the third floor with no elevator.  haha  One of the men carried my suitcase up, for which I was very grateful.  

We are getting up at the crack of dawn to drive to the church where we will set up the medical clinic.  I get to wear scrubs tomorrow.  I'm so geeked!  (And secretly thrilled that I don't have to wear a skirt.)  I will fill in as needed with the procedures I have learned to do for my kids after they have had surgery.  If I'm not needed in the clinic, I will take pictures of the medical team treating the people who come.
The pastors' wives will be shopping for their new dresses and shoes tomorrow and hopefully we will get the portraits done.  This is all new--they have never had a conference for the wives before, so we are trying to stay flexible.  I haven't found a suitable place to do the portraits--I was hoping for something picturesque but that doesn't look likely.  So....  I am praying that God will give me some ideas and point out a place.

I can't wait to see what God is going to do this week!