Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall Foliage in New England

To take my mind off the fact that three of my kids have the stomach flu and the rest of us are probably going to follow suit, I thought I would post some fall foliage. I love how God paints the trees for us!
Harvest Fair 425_edited-1
This is the street going out of our neighborhood.

Harvest Fair 423_edited-1
The view from our deck. We have a super small yard but a nice view.

Harvest Fair 420_edited-1
Another angle from our deck

Harvest Fair 416_edited-1
Our drive home from school every day (this photo was taken through the car window-ha)

Harvest Fair 391_edited-1
More of our drive home

Harvest Fair 408_edited-1

Harvest Fair 405_edited-1

Harvest Fair 400_edited-1

Harvest Fair 397_edited-1

Harvest Fair 393_edited-1

These next photos are of an area we pass on our way home from school and church. It is so beautiful no matter what time of year. It always makes me catch my breath. In fact, I drive the longer scenic route home so I can see this every day. I love the low stone walls that dot the New England countryside and this one is one of my favorites.
Harvest Fair 386_edited-1

Harvest Fair 382_edited-1

Harvest Fair 381_edited-1

Harvest Fair 377_edited-1
I'm loving this old gate, can you tell?

Harvest Fair 369_edited-1

Harvest Fair 370_edited-1
Wish that power line wasn't in the way...or telephone line, or whatever it is...

18 comments:

trustandobey said...

Would you mind finding work for Randy up there so we can live there? Did you get a new camera???
Lisa

Kimberlie said...

I love that old gate too! It makes me sit here and wonder, "what is beyond that gate? Is it welcoming? Is it adventure? Is it home?" I would drive out of my way to see those sights all.the.time. if I lived up there. Sigh. God is so good!

Kristin Ferguson said...

BEEEAUTIFUL!!! Made my day to take in those wonderful fall scenes. A complete breath of fresh air...considering it's going to be in the 80s again today and tomorrow here. :(

Kim K. said...

Beautiful pictures. Those stone walls are so quaint. Our fall peak has almost passed in West MI. I just love all the colors.

David and Janet Hurley said...

Beautiful!! All we have right now is brown, baked grass.....oh well, I guess we have to give up something to be able to wear shorts most of the year.

Ohilda said...

WOW!!!!! Not sure WHERE in NE you live, but the times I've been up there to visit hubby's family (CT) it certainly doesn't look like that.

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for the smile and for turning me just a tad shade of green. :)

Adeye said...

Can you PLEASE find a job for Anthony AND Randy????? Gosh, it is STUNNING!

The stomach flu....not so lovely at all :(

Jodi said...

magical! And sooo relaxing! Hope the kiddo's are feeling better! I don't think I would mind carpool if I could drive by that scenery every day!

Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing HIS beauty!
The colors are magnificent, wish I could witness it for real!

sara said...

oh my gosh these pictures are gorgeous!!!! Not something I will see around here for sure, so thanks for sharing! I will be praying that the flu stops where it is!!!

Lisa said...

Beautiful! I love that you go out of your way to pass beauty everyday. It truly IS the little things in life.

Lyn said...

Karin,
That is so beautiful!! I didn't get to see that part of Boston!!
Love,
Lyn

Amy said...

Oh my goodness- simply beautiful. Is it okay that I am jealous? I mean, I look out my window and see dried dead grass. Ick.

Humberto Dib said...

Hi, I just popped in to say hello, great blog, congratulations!
You can visit mine if you feel like.
Cheers from Argentina!
Humberto.

www.humbertodib.blogspot.com

Gretchen said...

I am just now home from our vacation in the Smoky Mountains and I am trying to catch up on blogs.

I love that you posted these pictures. I agree the gate is great!

Jean said...

You always have the BEST fall photos!!

Our drive to church and swimming lessons is also beautiful! To late now to capture it BUT as Mom's it is so nice to take in all of God's beautiful creations while we cart our kids around!!

Thanks for sharing your awesome photos!! And wow- is your windshield clean!!

Difference2This1 said...

How beautiful it is where you live! Hope the bug leaves your home quickly...so not fun :( Blessings, Jennifer

Lyn said...

What gorgeous pictures!