Monday, November 24, 2008

Double Happiness!



Now that we have gotten final approval, I am able to let you all in on a little secret. We are adopting TWO little girls from China!! Both little ones are from the same province and are almost the same age. Zoey Faith will be three in April and her 'twin' sister, Katelyn Joy, will turn three in January. Kate has a very serious heart defect. She has had one corrective surgery but needs another one soon. It is very unusual to be allowed to adopt two children at once from China, but both of our daughters had more severe defects, which made them harder to place.

Kate is currently living at Hope Healing Home, where SaraGrace lived for awhile. We once again are indebted to Love Without Boundaries and Hope Healing Home for providing care and heart surgery for one of our daughters. I actually saw Kate when we were in China adopting Jordan, and stopped to visit at Hope. I didn't hold Kate, but she had just arrived at Hope and I took a picture of her. She was so sick and frail. I have followed her story through the LWB blog over the years - never dreaming that someday I would be her mama.


This photo was on the LWB blog a long time ago, and it is the one that is imprinted on my mind when I think about Kate.

I will eventually post the miraculous story of how God has written Zoey and Kate's story.