Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday, Jordan!


Sweet Jordan turned three today. We celebrated a few days early at Grandma and Grandpa's because they and Jeff were going to be out of town today.

I brought his cake mix and frosting home from the grocery story on Saturday (go ahead and snicker that I don't make it all from scratch). When I told him it was his, he wanted to carry it around. It soon went into his already overflowing backpack, where it stayed until Monday when I had to bake it.

When he awoke from his nap, he came down and looked at his cake. His eyes grew round as saucers and he said, 'Mine? My birfday?" When asked what he wanted for presents, he always said, "Cars, cars!"

He got lots of cars--and Hot Wheel tracks--and we are all having fun playing with them. Ryan and Taylor had to put them together, but it's amazing how much fun some cheap plastic tracks and little cars can be!


This morning, he decided to commemorate the day by presenting himself in his birthday suit while still in his crib. Jillian and Molly had gone up to get the boys and came running back shouting, 'Jacob and Jordan are standing in their beds buck naked!" I was on the phone with our social worker about some of our adoption paperwork, so I waved them off. They apparently thought this was a pressing emergency, so they said it louder...and louder. No matter how many times I tell them that when I'm on the phone and wave them off, it means, "GO AWAY," they still don't get it! I soon excused myself from the phone call and went to check on the situation. Sure enough, they were standing in their cribs, naked as jay birds, grinning from ear to ear at their stunning accomplishment. Thankfully, they hadn't relieved themselves anywhere, but they had thrown their diapers over the side of their cribs in an apparent Boston Tea Party show of protest.