Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Girlfriend weekend and Steven Curtis Chapman roadie


YEP--We really did get to sit this close to the stage!


Several weeks ago, Steven Curtis Chapman's organization, "Shaohannah's Hope" emailed me about being a volunteer at one of his concerts. They needed adoptive parents to help at the information booths as SCC seeks to share the burden of God's heart for orphaned children. The concert was in a town where we used to live, but hours away from where we are now. I mentioned it to Jeff and he, being a very sweet guy, said, 'Why don't you go? You could spend the weekend with your friends and help out at the concert." WOOHOO!! :)

So, I was able to get away for a few days--all by myself! I saw old friends, went shopping with my girlfriends and had a blast! The 'Girlfriends" attended the concert with me--and we all ended up being able to be volunteers--and get free, matching t-shirts. Sadly, despite taking pictures of other friends, the Girlfriends forgot to get a picture taken with just us. DUH! I do have a few photos to share, though. I also had the fun of spending the evening volunteering with some of the couples who now run the Father's Heart Orphan ministry that Jeff and I were just starting when we had to move away. The families that are running it now are doing a great job and have taken it to levels that we couldn't have. I love how God uses different people to accomplish His purposes! The concert was great--our seats were great (like 30 feet from SCC), and the whole weekend was just a big hug from God. (I should give my friend, Brenda, credit for the great seats because the volunteers are just told they can sit wherever there is an empty spot. She spotted the seats way up in the front and dragged me up there!)

Friends who share the FATHER'S HEART for orphans in distress

"

I missed my kiddos quite terribly and they missed me. Jeff had them all lined up to welcome me home. It was soooo cute. They each had a sign with one word that they had colored themselves....

"WELCOME HOME, MOM, WE LOVE YOU!"


Yep, my husband is a great guy, and I am very blessed! He is even remarkably sane after spending three days alone with the kids! I'm told that they only crisis of the weekend was when Jordan wet through his diaper at church and soaked himself and Jeff.