Sunday, September 23, 2007

Baby Sinh needs prayer again

It has been awhile since I wrote about Baby Sinh--the sweet little baby girl in Vietnam that we had been trying to help. After surgeons in the US and Singapore said that her heart had deteriorated to the point of not being fixable, we had given up hope of finding a way to heal her heart.

Yeterday, I emailed the adoption agency that has been keeping track of her, and got an astonishing email back. The agency took her to Ho Chi Men City in Vietnam last night and she will be having heart surgery at a French Heart hospital there. The French hospital will not donate any of the cost, so the agency will have to raise $15,000 to pay for it.

Her name means, "life." I do not know what God has in store for this precious child--or if she will survive the surgery--but I know that her life has purpose. I ache to think of her having major heart surgery without a family sitting in the waiting room, ready to advocate for her every need, praying and hoping that she will live. So I ask you, on behalf of one orphaned little girl to spend a minute or two from this side of the world, praying for this sweet child as if you WERE in her waiting room. THANK YOU!

I will update the blog as soon as I have any news.