Monday, July 02, 2007

America--home of the brave!

I have been called a 'patriotic nerd' and you will probably agree with that after this week. :)

Since this week is America's birthday--and the birthday of my oldest son, Ryan, I thought it would be fun to share some favorite memories or things I love about America. Since I don't want to be too long-winded, I'll just share a bit each day. :)

First...a tribute to two men in our family who proudly served their country--and whom we lost last year. My granda, Tom Priestap, and my cousin, Jim Priestap. We miss you both. Thank you for giving of yourselves to keep us free. Jim paid the ultimate price and was killed in action in Iraq last Thanksgiving day. Jim--you are truly one of America's BRAVE, and your wife and children are carrying on bravely in your absence.




Second...I am so thankful to live in America. I am thankful for a roof over my head, cars in my garage, enough food to feed my children, clothing for them, and a place I can go to worship without fear of punishment. I am so thankful that I have been able to build a family because of the resources that God has given to us--and to be able to bring our children home to a place that will embrace and accept them.


Happy Birthday, America! May you not forget to seek God and continue to be the land of the free and the home of the brave!