Friday, June 22, 2007

The latest on Baby Sinh

Here is a picture of baby Sinh during her recent visit to Singapore.
We have had a frustrating setback in Baby Sinh's case. She could really use some prayers.

After two weeks of waiting, I was notified yesterday that the heart surgeon had been able to review the medicals for Sinh, but the most crucial part--the video--was blank! Asian countries use a different format, and it is not compatible with our video equipment. I had requested a copy of her Echocardiogram on a CD, but it was never sent. The U.S. doctor cannot make a decision about doing surgery without seeing an Echo of sinh's heart.

I called Singapore last night but the office assistant could not understand me, so asked me to send an email. I did--requesting the CD to be sent. I did not get a reply, so I emailed again today asking for confirmation on whether or not a CD was located and sent.

If they do not find one, we will have no choice but to take her for ANOTHER ONE!! ARGH! At one point, the VN facilitator had mentioned taking her to Ho Chi Min City (south Vietnam--still a plane ride) for an evaluation. Perhaps they would have the technology to put an Echo on CD. If not, we have to take her back to Singapore!!! argh....

I am praying that they are able to put the echo that was already done onto a CD.

God kindly gave me some encouragement today about how HE gave the Isrealites victory despite all the battles that they faced to conquer the promised land. So....I believe He will eventually get her where she needs to go, but not without a lot of battles needing to be fought by those of us trying to help her. I know that God is in control of the timing of all of this--and that He can use these delays for His purposes, but I would still like to request prayer that He will open some doors for Sinh very soon. Thankfully, she is still alive, although I know that every day she waits potentially causes more damage to her heart.