Thursday, December 13, 2007

Our budding actress

From the day she has been in our arms, SaraGrace has put all of her considerable acting talents to good use. She has always cracked us up. In fact, as I was starting to type this, she stood next to me with notebook and pen and asked me, "What is your name, my dear?" in her most theatrical voice.

The kids have been watching a Little Rascals movie lately (over and over ad nauseum). There is a scene were Alfalfa, Darla (the girl he is 'sweet' on), and an interloper boy are all involved in a talent show. Both boys are trying to impress Darla. Molly loves to sing and I heard her singing the song the other day. It sounded like SaraGrace was also involved so I peeked around the corner. SaraGrace was imitating Darla and Molly was singing to her. They wouldn't do their 'act' while I was watching, so Jillian taped it for me. I uploaded it to YouTube if you want to see it. It's a bit rough--Molly was mumbling the words because she was embarrassed, but SaraGrace's dancing is hysterical. (At least we think so!!)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=k2byNTB9pM8
At least they weren't tobogganing down the stairs on a crib mattress today....