Thursday, September 13, 2012

Miss Molly

I need to take a break from my distress at what is happening to our embassies overseas to update the blog.  Let's just say that I was unprepared for the huge punch in the gut I felt when I saw our embassies being breached, our flag torn down and then to hear that four Americans had been killed.
Praying for the whole ugly situation.

Miss Molly informed me the other day that there are very few pictures of her on the blog lately.  Bless her heart...I felt awful.
Jillian has often informed me that she does not want to be on the blog, so I had no idea Molly wanted to be mentioned.
So the other evening we did a little photo shoot.

This image was her favorite.  It's artsy...something Molly appreciates.  I thought it was so cute that she picked this one.

Unfortunately, she wore a white shirt which can--and did--cause all kinds of bothersome issues with lighting. Oh well.


These two images are the same--just processed differently.  We can't decide if we like them better was a clean edit or a vintage wash.  What do you think?


This image is one of my favorites of the night.  She wasn't really expecting me to be shooting and it just says, "Molly" to me.  Again...clean edit or vintage??  Hmmm.....

Kinda preferring the clean edit in this one.

Sweet Molly!  You are such a blessing to our family.  I'm so glad I get to be your mom.  And will you please stop growing up so fast?

8 comments:

Cassie Louise said...

Clean edit for the first one, then vintage wash for the second. Miss Molly looks beautiful! :)

Kim K. said...

Darling pics of Molly. You certainly have a beautiful child and a beautiful setting for photos. I do like the vintage wash on some of the pics. Quite stunning, Karin.

Lori said...

How DARLING she is!!!

I agree with Cassie...I like the clean edit for the fist photo and the vintage for the second.

But they're all soooo good.

Lovely, lovely!


**See ya on FB as we try save this country one status at a time, you and me.

Angie said...

Beautiful photos, Molly! Love the vintage version of your mom's favorite photo.

Tesseraemum said...

Love them all! The clean edit and vintage are different enough to bring a totally unique feel to the same pic!

Molly is such a beautiful girl! You are so blessed to have her!! Sheri

Sharon said...

I guess I'm a little boring because I really like the clean edit on both!:) Molly is so beautiful and her sweet personality just comes out so much in these pictures. I love to see her clearly! We miss her! :)

Alycia said...

Molly is beautiful! SO happy to see your sweet girl's face! She just radiates joy!
Blessings,
Alycia

Jo's Corner said...

I was looking at your recent vacation photos, awhile back and had to go up and look at your header. I hadn't seen much of Molly and wasn't sure if she was your daughter or a friends, but there she was. In your header. Yep, she;s your daughter. ; )
I'm glad she spoke up about her photos (or lack of) on your blog. She is a beautiful young lady! Really pretty and she shines/glows. I can tell by her "favorites", that she is the artsy, creative type.
I really like ALL of the shots, but I have to agree with you on the one where she wasn't aware that you were shooting. It really shows her sensitive, gentle personality. You always do great shots, Karin!
I've noticed your posts on FB, concerning all of the turmoil in the Middle East. It makes me sad and angry. Sad that one foolish man had the power to cause so much outrage. It is him, the author of that "book", who I blame.
The Lord has been dealing with my heart during this time and what I've heard clearly is that I am to NOT place blame on our leaders. I cannot imagine being in their positions in this day and time. And, also that I am to pray for our leaders. They are all merely man, with all of the faults and sins that we, as humans make.
I have been praying for the young men and women who are Serving this great Country of ours. Know that Ryan is always in my prayers, as well as his Mama and Dads' hearts.
Peace to you, Sweet Friend! Love, Jo