Saturday, January 13, 2007


Our Christmas poem to friends and family telling them about Jacob:





T’was the night before Christmas
And all through the house
The noise was just deafening
And stressed was my spouse.

The girls were all playing! Their giggles, how merry
They seemed to have more fun than Moe, Curly and Larry
Sweet Jordan toddled and tried to catch up
And at his heels, nipped our frolicking pup
Ryan retreated to his cold basement cave
While Taylor attempted his sanity to save

Our home was bulging and t’was all a’ bustle
And to church on Sunday’s, we all had to hustle
We couldn’t imagine a life more full
And then, to the computer, I felt a strange pull….

An email was waiting, a child’s fate to share
A plea for a family, for someone to care.

When what to my wondering heart should I hear
But God asking again about a child so dear
“He is motherless, this little one is
Is there room in your hearts for one such as this?

As I struggled to listen and not make excuse
A thought came to me that I could not shake loose
“God sent One Small Child, the world to redeem
Is it really too much to ask you to lean
On the strength that I promise, if you will just trust
In My provision and help, even though you are dust”.

Tears sprang to my eyes as I listened to Him
Could I refuse this child, so sad and so thin?
Who needed God’s love, from His hands, then through ours
He would give us the strength, in spite of long hours.

So quick as a flash, the paperwork flew
Off to Guatemala, a country so new
A sweet baby boy awaits his new Mom and Dad
And sometime next summer, his heart will be glad
He’ll make his way here, to our home and our hearts.
To join his new family; his new life to start.