Wednesday, January 20, 2010

More Sledding Fun

If there is any doubt about the reason behind the vote for Scott Brown last night, here is a hand-made sign I saw while driving to the store today.

One Massachusetts native said, "We threw the tea into the harbor today."

******************************
The past two days we have been getting a rain/snow mix and it has made the hill in our back yard very slick. I watched the kids flying down the hill at high speed and headed out for some photos. They were having a blast!




Laying in the snow at the bottom of the hill


Making a chain and trying to slide down together. Chloe lost her saucer early on...


The jumble of little bodies and sleds


"Come back! I am totally sled-less, guys!"

"Me, too!!"


"I just can't stop cracking up! I'm weak from laughter."


Whee!! Chloe flies by in a blur, but has the presence of mind to flash me a smile.


Jillian, too.


"I'm gonna be so buff from hauling my saucer up the hill so many times."


Jillian insisted that I try the hill. My protests fell on deaf ears. I finally gave in. Let me tell you, the hill looked a lot steeper from the top than it did from the bottom. As you can see in the photo, the saucer started to flip. Two seconds later, I was upside down with my face in the snow. The kids were dying laughing and I suddenly remembered why I don't enjoy sledding unless I have the proper attire. Let's just say, snow up my sleeves, snow up my shirt, snow up my nose.

Trying to get the snow out of the back of my shirt.


A rare photo of the 15 year old, who thinks it is most uncool to be photographed. Hence, he is often missing from family photos on the blog. Even he could not resist the speed of the hill today.